One Year Goals
by Sarah Luna
I’ve been having a tough time drawing up a list of goals because I keep playing it safe. I keep making baby goals–ones I know I can achieve.
To pep myself up, I drew up a retrospective list of goals from this past year.
- Graduate with two degrees from Texas A&M (Nutrition and Kinesiology)
- complete thesis #2 relating to space life sciences
- travel to a foreign country (China)
- get accepted to a PhD program (Cornell)
- get full funding for a PhD program
- teach different styles of fitness (yoga, kickboxing, water aerobics, resistance)
- buy a laptop using own funds (Lenovo IdeaPad U350)
- successfully live in and maintain a house for one year
I’ve done a lot this year.
Now here’s my list for the upcoming year.
- travel to two foreign countries (fully funded of course)
- travel to two nutrition conferences
- become independent of my car
- register a domain name
- dance three nights a week
While I have other goals, these I feel will be the most challenging. There are also plenty of mini goals that must be accomplished to reach these bigger goals. I’ll go into detail when it’s not 12:30am.