Best Chocolate Cake Ever
by Sarah Luna
I have used this recipe exclusively for the past two years whenever I’ve wanted a chocolate cake. Quick, easy, perfectly moist every time. AND it never makes that annoying hump in the oven.
I was content simply to hunt for the recipe online whenever I needed it. However, I recently searched for it and only came up with a broken link. I panicked: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, THAT WAS THE BEST CAKE EVER. I CAN’T LOSE IT. Thankfully, I found it again, but one can never be too careful.
With that I present The best chocolate cake ever (adapted from Hershey’s recipe).
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 13×9 baking pan.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat together while heating 1 cup of water in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on the hot cake, and let them melt to form a chocolate casing.
- Forget cooling. Just try not to burn yourself while picking it out of the pan.