First two days [I feel very metropolitan]
by Sarah Luna
My class starts in 25 minutes, so I’m going to make this brief.
- caught the 6:15am bus to NYC
- arrived in Port Authority at 11:30am
- took the A subway from Port Authority to NYC-Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia Medical Center
- class from 1-5 (all lecture)
- rode the A back to PA
- took the bus from PA to New Jersey
- met up with Jana and walked to her house
- had a lovely evening 🙂
- woke up at 9am
- caught the 10:20 bus from New Jersey to PA
- arrived at noon
- took the A to Columbia Med Center
- bought a fresh wedge of cheese for lunch
- class from 1-5pm
- rode the A then B to a dance studio to practice with AJ
- We made it around the floor in waltz and quickstep!
- Umm, not so much for foxtrot. 😀 (unless you count him dragging me)
- back to PA and NJ
- lovely dinner with J’s family
- watched Inglorious Basterds — wow that was bloody…and not historically accurate at all.
So far, I’ve had two really good days here in the city. Lots of public transportation, lots of people, lots of statistics. It’s been really nice having a family to go home to. Tonight, I’m practicing again with AJ. Hopefully, I will not be as bad as I was yesterday. (and yes, it is all one-sided badness…not ok). After practice, I’m meeting up with J and her family to go swing dancing in the park. Should be a fun day.
Cost of public transportation per day: $16.50. Now I know what it’s like to be a commuter.
Ok, class is about to start.
City life is way different than Ithaca life.